Sunday, June 12, 2011

Almost Nude

I attempted nudes awhile back with one of my friends. Neither of us really knew what to do buuut looking back at it 7 months later I found some shots I really like. It was just new to me and to the model - we were both kind of awkward. So basically, real nudes were too much, but these photos are classy and hot and moving and just great (not to be cocky or anything). I feel good about these pictures and I feel good about where my photography is headed. It sure isn't perfect, I have lots of things to improve on, but I feel good about it. I love looking at how far I've come with photography and even editing the photos I take, finally knowing how to portray the mood I wanted all along - or one I didn't know I wanted in the first place. AH. It just feels so good. Anyways, here are the photos.

I know you can see her underwear a little bit in this picture, I just don't have photoshop right now to fix it.

Underwear edited out here from when I had access to photoshop


This last photo is my absolute favorite and will very likely make it into my portfolio. 

3 comments:

  1. The last one is especially good. Any fashion or portrait photographer would be proud to display that in their portfolio.

    I particulalrly like how even though you can see her face, there is a certain level of anonymity and thus of relatability. She could be someone I know, or she could be a supermodel.
    Her downcast expression particularly appeals to me as an artist sick of seeing naked women for the sake of naked women. She doesnt appear proud of her partial nudity. She isn't doing it fo an audience. She is ignoring the viewer, which is a big part of what makes it such a powerful photograph. We see her in a vulnerable moment where it seems she is stuck in her own head.

    The forest setting adds to the feeling of loneliness. The color pallet is at once both warm and cool, so we are convinced of her humanity and invited into the image with the warm tones of her skin and the red on her lips. At the same time we see that tone of distain in her face and the coldness of her expression reflected in the blue hues in the trees and on her dress.

    Long story short, I love this photograph and I agree that you should be proud of where your photography is going.

    I'd love to have a print of that last image...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the typos. Commenting on my phone is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love for you to have a print of that last image! thanks for the in depth comment

    ReplyDelete