Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Camera


Make it bold and different. Make it new and exciting. Make it intriguing and mysterious. These are things I have been going for with my recent projects. I'm trying to create more projects for me to do, but I'm sort of stuck. I just go through old photos again and again, creating new images. But I need to shoot again. I just don't have a concept yet. I think I'll throw the whole "concept" thing in the trash and just go out on a long walk and it'll come to me. That's how it works. Anyways, for this particular image, I imagined and created in the last five minutes. The original image was a test shot and I had forgotten to change the ISO (it was at 3200 from the previous night) so it's not the greatest image. I'll even show it to you!

But this new image I've made is fantastic. Look at it. I love how this effect comes through on the camera details. This is why I save my bad shots, too. Because I suspect that someday the creative urge will hit me and I will create something to be proud of. I can bring justice to the photograph. This photographer happens to be Matt Beaty, and you can see some of his photography at http://vault-blog.blogspot.com/. This was taken as we were walking out to the boat to photograph some water skiing, which is in a previous post that I'm too lazy to link to this right now because it's after 3 in the morning and I need to sleep! So good night all. I hope you enjoyed this. 

2 comments:

  1. das my brodah! he's so fatttt. His camera is biggg. It looks way cooler all grey and stuff. Gray? Grey? gray. dunno.

    ReplyDelete