Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Water Skiing

Action shots are hard! Especially if you never, ever do them. I love photographing people, but I haven't dealt with many shots that require a fast shutter speed. I had the chance to when I was in Indiana. These photos are of Mark and his dad water skiing together. Mark's brother, Matt, and I were on the boat taking pictures. Most of my shots aren't great. Either the shutter speed was too slow or the ISO was too high, resulting in way more noise than I want to look at. But these few shots are my favorites, so I decided to share them with the world.

Mark 

Mike




When I took these photos, I realized I'm very camera shy. I don't mean that I mind being in front of a camera, but I am shy about sharing that I'm into photography; this is something I love. I really do love it. I can't really explain why I'm shy about it, it's just something I hold near to my heart and I don't want anyone to ruin that. But I'm getting over it. If someone doesn't like my photos, that doesn't matter. They're for me to enjoy and share with other people that enjoy them. It's for expression or sanity or whatever I need. Maybe I'll write a post about how I got into photography. If you're interested in that, let me know and I'll blog about it.

2 comments:

  1. You should definitely post about how you got into photography!

    You also shouldn't worry about what people think of your photographs. If people like or dislike your pictures, that has absolutely no bearing on what they think about you as a person. That's something a lot of photographers, young and old, have trouble wrapping their minds around.

    ReplyDelete